Her Magical Ride

“Everything great that ever happened in this world happened first in somebody’s imagination.” -Astrid Lindgren

I came across the above quote the other day and remembered how much I loved the Pippi Longstocking chapter books when I was a young girl. Pippi was my hero. She was unconventional, sassed adults and had super human strength and her best friend was her horse. I think I might have dreamed about Pippi because when I woke-up, I headed straight to my studio and painted this.

Her Magical Ride acrylics, oil pastels, charcoal 8x10 birch panel

Her Magical Ride
acrylics, oil pastels, charcoal
8×10 birch panel

“A childhood without books – that would be no childhood. That would be like being shut out from the enchanted place where you can go and find the rarest kind of joy.” -Astrid Lindgren

p5rn7vb

This entry was posted in acrylics, folk art. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Her Magical Ride

1. bridgette says:

Great quotes and painting! I loved pippi too. She was pretty awesome

2. Robyn says:

That last quote is wonderful! Judy, your paintings take one to that enchanted place too.

3. I love this one. You have such a wonderful imagination!

4. charlene says:

Beautiful! I am having coffee in town using this nook can’t find the apostrophe. Oh found that if I just leave it will self correct…tee here there’s a lesson in that…love the colors in this one, too….now I am reading your other post :-)

Thank you Charlene. Boy I hate typing on those tiny keyboards! Is there ‘patience’ in that lesson – ha – I never improve in that area!

Judy, Wonderful :-). xoxo

6. What a wonderful, whimsical, and enchanting painting; it took me back to those magical days when I would read about Pippi… I love the quotes, too!

7. This is so great Judy…I love that you woke up and went straight to the studio! I used to have a Pippi Longstocking doll that I loved when I was a girl.

Thanks Lisa – and I did take my coffee with me . . . haha
      I loved Pippi Longstocking. I remember when being fussed at as a kid, I wanted to be able to speak out like she did – I guess it’s a good thing I didn’t – but it was good to have a (female) hero!
      xxoo